The educational goal of APSAC’s Colloquium is to foster professional excellence in the field of child maltreatment by providing interdisciplinary professional education.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1) Identify physical abuse, sexual abuse and neglect in children
2) Treat abused and neglected children
3) Apply model examination techniques for assessment of abused/neglected children
4) Describe and utilize the most up-to-date information concerning working with abused and neglected children to improve patient care
5) Prepare and report quality testimony in court cases, both as experts and as witnesses Workshops have been designed for professionals in mental health, medicine and nursing, law, education, prevention, law enforcement, research, advocacy, child protection services, and all who serve children and families affected by child maltreatment and violence.